Have you explored the historical attractions around Colorado? Would you like to do it as part of an awesome motorsports adventure?
If so, then Accelerate Adventures can make that happen. First, let’s have a sneak preview of some of the fascinating historical locations. Then, we’ll share some information about our exciting two-day tours around Buena Vista.
Best Historical Attractions in Colorado
Colorado’s mountainous region is home to many several mines, museums, and other amazing sights. These are the things you can do in the middle of your tour when you need a break from riding around scenic places like Pikes Peak.
- Western Museum of Mining & Industry
- We’re sure you know a few things about the 19th-century gold rush. Now’s your chance to gain a first-hand look at the old mining operations, all the enormous machinery, and even do a little gold panning.
- Wild West Ghost Town Museum
- What better way to learn about American history than investigating a Ghost Town? This museum contains artifacts from several old ghost towns, including from the buildings, sidewalks, reconstructed general stores, real wagons, and stagecoaches.
- Mollie Kathleen Gold Mine
- Here’s where you can actually walk into a gold mine. Many of the old gold mines in America are off-limits to tourists, making this one a rare gem indeed.
- ProRodeo Hall of Fame & Museum of the American Cowboy
- Then you can check out the cowboy lifestyle of Colorado history at this fascinating museum. It’s packed with plenty of memorabilia, but you can also attend evening rodeo events and maybe even some of the retired rodeo horses.
Mining Museum & Ghost Tour (Two-Day Tour)
Would you like a knowledgeable tour guide to lead you around these locations? Of course, you would, which is exactly what we do with our two-day tour package to the Western Mining Museum. This is a glimpse of what you can expect.
- Two Days of Riding – Beginning and finishing at Buena Vista with stops at locations like Bishops Castle, Florence, Cripple Creek, Guanella Pass, and Leadville.
- You can do this medium-difficulty tour with/without a guide, anytime between May and October, for a special rate of $648 (single occupancy) or $594 (double occupancy).
- Outstanding hotel/restaurant accommodations through Casino Hotel and Mid City Grill.
- The opportunity to feast your eyes on gorgeous mountain passes and check out the historical Ghost museum simultaneously.
We hope this motivates you to find out more about these fantastic tour opportunities. This is just one of the many single or multi-day riding adventures we offer.
Don’t forget that Accelerate Adventures is not only an excellent resource for riding tours but also a service shop for motorcycle, ATV, snowmobile, and side-by-side service. We’re Colorado’s best place for riding, equipment, and repair services. You can learn more about us or ask questions anytime by calling (719) 395-8115.